Hailed as ‘the village pharmacy’ by generations gone by, the Neem tree (also recognised as ‘Indian Lilac’) has a wide history of use and is believed to remedy many conditions.
Although rather potent in smell, Neem Oils contain a multitude of compounds recognised to be highly beneficial for the skin such as:
- Triglycerides – helps smooth skin
- Fatty acids – strengthens the skins layers
- Limonoids – highly anti-inflammatory
- Calcium – preserves the skins healthy glow
- Vitamin E – protects the skin from free radicals
- Antioxidants – encourages skin cell repair
Neem Oil is recognised for its use in skincare and haircare, and can be highly successful in achieving the following attributes:
- Hydrated, nourished and supple skin
- Youthful, collagen rich skin
- Scar reduction and notably healed skin
- Acne clearance and soothed skin
It’s important, as with any pure, essential oil, that you treat your symptoms safely in order to avoid burning or irritation. With this in mind, we encourage you to take a patch test before applying to the affected area/ visage – you may take a patch test by applying a small amount of Neem Oil to your arm and leaving for 24 hours. If there appear to be any signs of swelling, irritation or redness – try again with a diluted amount or avoid completely.
Directions for using Neem Oil:
- Lightly dab the neem oil onto the area using a cotton swab or cotton ball, and allow it to soak in for up to 20 minutes.
- Wash off the oil with warm water.
- Use daily until you achieve desired results.
Neem in Skincare:
Neem can be found as an ingredient within other formulations, for example our ‘Neem Range’ pairs with botanicals such as Tea Tree and Moringa. A powerful combination, the skincare and haircare within the Neem Range promises to achieve the following:
- Softly cleanses and detoxes scalp and skin
- Balances oil production
- Heals scar tissue
- Fresh and energising aroma to uplift your mood
Whether you are 87 or 17 years old, Neem has the tools to benefit you in some way – whatever your stage in life is! Nourish skin that naturally becomes increasingly dry with age, uplift the senses on a rainy day or use it as a complement to your acne treatment… Neem truly is the village pharmacy!