What is Henna Powder?
Henna Powder has been used as a hair conditioner for hundreds of years. It is a natural herbal powder which is not only used as a hair colourant, but also to help prevent dandruff and scalp itching. Henna also acts as a good conditioner for your hair and is considered to support hair growth.
Here at Ayumi, we offer both Pure Henna and a Herbal Henna mixture, which allows for multiple ways of usage. So, here’s a breakdown of what each Henna formulation has to offer:
People traditionally know henna as Mehandi. It is extracted from the flowering plant Lawsonia Inermis which grows across South Asia and Northern Africa. It has also been used for centuries in India, the Middle East, and North Africa to create body art. Moreover, henna is a pure and natural plant dye which is used as an intensive conditioning treatment for hair, whilst giving a subtle brownish-red colour. In Indian tradition, brides have their hands and feet beautifully decorated before the wedding day with intricate Henna designs.
How to use:
- Mix 30g of henna powder with lemon juice to create a smooth paste. The lemon juice will activate the colour in the henna powder.
- Cover the container and place in a warm area overnight.
- Add 5-6 drops of eucalyptus, clove or lavender oil. Then mix well, henna paste is ready to use.
- Apply the paste to your hair ensuring even coverage.
- Then wrap your hair in a disposable shower cap.
- Use a wet cloth to wipe off any excess henna from your hairline.
- Wait 2-4 hours. Unwrap and rinse with warm water.
- Apply shampoo & rinse. Let your hair dry naturally.
Our premium quality Herbal Henna, is crafted from the finest hand-picked henna leaves from Rajasthan, blended with 9 herbs from the Himalaya, which nourish and condition, leaving hair silky and soft.
How to use:
- Soak Ayumi Herbal Henna in water for 2-3 hours in an iron bowl. (If you don’t have an iron bowl, a plastic bowl will do, but an iron bowl helps to oxidise the henna best).
- Apply the paste thoroughly from the roots to the tips of the hair.
- Leave for 3-4 hours until dry.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
The perfect way to add extra nourishment and vitality to your hair, Henna is multifunctional and 100% natural.