An Ayurvedic Treatment for Hair Loss and Regrowth
Top Ayurvedic Hair Treatments
When it comes to the top Ayurvedic hair treatments, there are so many! So, we have made this blog as informative as possible by separating it into two main categories. First off, we looked at what are the best Ayurvedic hair treatments for treating hair fall or thinning hair. And secondly we looked at the best treatments for encouraging hair growth and strengthening your hair. If you feel that you might be suffering from hair loss and you are experiencing thinning hair, increased hair fall, scalp irritation and bald patches, we suggest focusing on the first section of this blog. However, if you want to promote healthy hair growth and nourish and care for your hair then we suggest reading the second section of this blog.
For Hair Fall
Ayurveda offers a plethora of hair oils and powders that can, if properly used, treat hair fall and promote hair regrowth. Ayurveda is thousands of years old and has accumulated a long list of the best Indian Ayurvedic herbs for hair treatment that boast incredible moisturising and nourishing properties. The core principle of Ayurvedic hair treatments focusing on reducing hair thinning and promoting hair regrowth, is naturally moisturising your hair. This means that your hair will no longer be dry and brittle.
Top Ten Oils and Powders
- Coconut oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Aloe Vera
- Brahmi Powder
- Kalmegh Powder
- Bhringaraaja Powder
- Aritha Powder
- Amla oil and Powder
- Arnica Oil
- Shatavari Powder
Top 4 Treatments for Hair Fall
- Aloe Vera: Use 1/3 of aloe vera juice mixed with cumin as a daily hair wash. Massage into your scalp and hair with the tips of your fingers, and rinse thoroughly with water. If you want to see the best results from this method we recommend washing your hair with this mixture morning and night for up to three months.
- Bhringaraaja Powder: Mix 5 teaspoons of Bhringaraaja Powder in warm water, let it cool and then apply it to your scalp and leave for five minutes. Wash thoroughly. This treatment will strengthen your hair follicles from your roots.
- Amla Powder: Make a pack made up of Indian gooseberry powder, henna, warm water and Alma Powder. Apply this to the roots of your hair and leave it as a hair mask for 1-2 hours, then wash thoroughly. This treatment helps strengthen your hair follicles with the high Vitamin C concentration found in amla powder.
- Aritha Powder: Make a paste of Aritha powder and warm water and apply this mix all over your scalp and hair. Leave for 3-5 minutes before rinsing thoroughly. For the best results do this once a week.
Top 3 Ingredients for Hair Growth
- Shatavari Powder: Take a cup of milk and mix in one tablespoon of shatavari powder. Use this solution as a hair wash.
- Guduchi Leaves: Make a fine paste of crushed Guduchi leaves and add honey and rose water. Apply this mixture to your scalp and leave for at least 2-3 hours as a hair mask. Rinse clean with the help of a herbal shampoo.
- Amla Oil: Massage your scalp with Amla oil and leave on overnight as you sleep.