The Essentials of Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil is made from pressing the peppermint herb; the herb is a part of the aromatic mint family. Peppermint is actually a hybrid mint; made from cross breeding spearmint and watermint. You can find it naturally in North America and Europe. However, it has grown in popularity in the past few years and is now grown all over the world.
Peppermint essential oil is drawn and extracted from the eaves of the peppermint plant; this oil is a multipurpose wonder. There are many forms of this product; including an essential oil. Essential oil is concentrated. People use it in aromatherapy, diluting it with a carrier oil; and apply it topically to one’s skin. You can also find peppermint oil in a more diluted version or form and use it as a flavouring in food and cooking. Finally, you can take peppermint oil in capsule form as a dietary supplement.
Points on Pure Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil has a sharp smell that is very cool and refreshing. Its taste is reminiscent of its smell in that it is sharp and very distinctive. The main chemical components that make up this product are menthol and menthone. You can use this product to treat digestive issues; and when used topically it can help relieve itching and muscle pain. People often use it as a flavouring agent in food and products related to mouth care, like toothpaste and mouth wash. Finally, you can use it as a fresh and crisp pleasing aromatic ingredient in many skincare products and soaps.
- Kills germs and acts as a disinfectant.
- Stops itching and reduces red irritated skin.
- Helps your body control and eliminate a build-up of mucus.
- Boosts blood circulation and when used in skincare products this property helps your skin remain nourished and naturally glowing.
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety as a calming oil used in aromatherapy.
- You can use this product as a focusing agent. People often use it in office diffusers and other forms of aromatherapy. It improves concentration levels and provides mental clarity.