Summer means one thing: ice lollies. The DIY moulds not only brings back childhood memories but also means an unlimited amount of cooling lollies is only at arm’s length. So simple, yet so rewarding.
Next up in our #FoodforyourSkin recipe series, are these uplifting and cleansing Nettle & Citrus Ice Lollies, inspired by the ingredients in the Neem range. With this range standing for all things cleansing, detoxifying and balancing, these ice lollies do the exact same internally. Nettle has anti-inflammatory properties and are particularly helpful in soothing skin conditions such as acne, eczema or psoriasis as they contain a rich content of histamine, chlorophyll and iron. They contain many nutrients meaning these ice lollies will not only cool you down in the summer heat, but will also get to work detoxifying and reducing any inflammation. These are an absolute win-win!
As always, don’t forget to tag us on social media (@ayuminaturals), we’d love to see your creations and most importantly, enjoy!
Nettle and Citrus Ice Lolly
- 3 oranges – zest and juice
- 2 lemons – zest and juice
- A big handful of nettles
- 20g fresh mint
- A spring of rosemary
- 1tbsp agave
- Clean your nettles in cold water using rubber gloves
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and add 250ml of water
- Heat the saucepan over a medium heat and simmer for ten minutes
- Leave the liquid to cool and infuse for an hour and then sieve it into a jug
- Pour the juice into your lolly moulds and leave to set in the freezer