What is Camphor Oil?
People often identify Camphor essential oil or cinnamomum camphora by its strong and distinctive fragrance. It is a natural terpene that people often use as a core ingredient in many beauty and health products like creams, lotions and ointments. Moreover, this essential oil is made by extracting the oil found naturally in the wood of camphor trees. People use steam distillation to extract and processed the oil.
Interestingly, this oil can only be found and extracted from trees that are over 50 years old. This is because only a 50-year-old camphor tree can produce the core compound found in this essential oil. Furthermore, camphor oil is renowned for its abilities to reduce skin redness and itchiness and its incredible inflammatory properties.
Your skin easily absorbs camphor oil. People use it topically for its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties. When used topically it leaves a lasting cool sensation that reduces skin itchiness, irritation and inflammation. People also use it on their hair as a means to strengthen hair roots, improve your overall hair health and boost hair growth. When used on your scalp, it also improves your scalp health by improving your scalps blood circulation.
Benefits for your skin
- It relieves and reduces skin itchiness and irritation.
- Moreover, it reduces and helps alleviate skin swelling and sore inflamed skin.
- Helps to sooth burns and rashes.
- It treats and reduces acne by reducing the swelling in your sebaceous glands and has incredible antibacterial properties.
- May help treat eczema and control skin itching.
- Sooths skin rashes with its anti-inflammatory compounds
Benefits for your Hair
- Helps strengthen your hair roots
- Boosts hair growth by improving the overall health of your hair.
- Improves hair texture and helps reduce hair loss.
- Reduces dandruff and helps purify your scalp.
- It can be used to help kill lice.